sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
the WZ 426 death from above rips,( no, not REST IN PEACE-S) i took some photos last weekend with the old plastic still on, no new graphics yet. i was reading up on the wife's new digi-super camera. wrecked it head on this last sun, gotta get new plastic then the pics will be posted. here's how it stacks up so far, '01 wr starting point, complete mx tech suspension re-work and lowerd 2.5"(sweet work jeremy) yz plastic, bk mod, '01 yz special jetting and needle(thanks to wayneo426 ;) ) yz timing, white brothers s-bend and r4 exhaust(bought from TT board bro for 250$ :cool: ) 52 tooth gold talon groove lite rear sprocket, yz tank and seat with ceet gripper, special custom swing arm work by team crazy monkey with special "gold" swing arm linkage(you'll see). power now valve enroute. great throtle snap, front wheel up in all gears with definate wheel over capabilities in at least 3(scared to get on it that hard in 4 let alone 5)..there, just so ya know.! :aj: the whiskey throttle spode live! vive' el comendante del toro grande, vive' la crash! :p

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Right on homey!
I'll bust you a high fiver.
Tell us more about how jers suspension works?
I can't wait to hear about Zoomers 97mm kit too!
He is too busy with family stuff for PC time and DRN.
Oh well...

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Wow Sarge. That thing must stand up straight w/ the timing, 52t, and jetting huh?! Try not to kiss that front fender too much!

:cool: :scream:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
If you would have bought a YZ then it would have stood up in 5th gear without having to spend all that money! :p

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
If you would have bought a YZ then it would have stood up in 5th gear without having to spend all that money!
ok now, listen very carefully 'cause you're not gonna believe this, i wanted the lighting kit, i use my bike for the comute back to my dock, through the woods. it's my daly driver. ;) i can put the light back on pronto, plus i like the gearing of the wr. jeremys' suspension feels just as plush as stock, i've bottomed the forks off the bumpers pretty hard, but gotta tell ya, smooth as silk. i bottomed doing about 80 deg g-outs, i'm suprised the suspension has held up at all. ya go down, fast on this side, then you start going right up the other side,fast. maybe adj compression, but even when banging the bumpers, it's smooth.! :aj: that 52 tooth rear sprocket really makes it ride like i like it too.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I had trouble deciding between the YZ and WR. If the YZ had the wide ratio tranny and 18" rear wheel, it would be perfect for me. Or if the WR had the YZ cams and jetting and was 15 lbs. lighter then it would be perfect for me. :silly: I had to compromise and go with the one that I would enjoy most with spending as little money on aftermarket goodies.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
After riding both bikes, I have to say the YZ feels almost the same weight as the WR. That is of course without the kickstand, and w/ the YZ tank. Regardless, they are both still too heavy compared to the CRF. :whiner:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom