they put in the midvalve up side down

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Thanks to this forum among others i discovered a funny thing.
I just opened up the forkleg to do some revalving when i discovered that they put in the midvalve as well as the basevalve up side down. The compression side became rebound etc.
So that is why it spiked me hard when i hit square edges and rocks.
Make you wunder who on earth laid hands on this one.
What a difference this must be once i have this sorted out.
So thanks to all the photo material you guys provided i now will own a great fork for zero money. Thnks again

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Before you go flipping things...... :scream: what kind of bike/suspension do you have? Kayaba suspension has the compression adjusters on the bottom/rebound on top, and Showas have the compression on the top/rebound on the bottom. I may be mistaken, but I find it just about impossible to screw this up. :think:

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Thnks for yr concern, but i am not mistaken. On a piston the big flow holes are for compression and the smaller ones for rebound. As i learned on this forum.
The suspension i am talking about is a conventional marzocchie 50mm which are on board a husky wr250 '98.
One leg is dealing with compression and one leg with rebound.
They(the former owner/or the assembler) just got confused or they had a funny idea about compression/rebound and how it shld act. smile.
Anyway, i flip and see what happens. Can't wait.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
:eek: Well thats a little scarey. Glad to hear you got it figured out though. Good luck, it should definately improve the performance now. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom