Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Cool bike! It reminds me of a great article I read in the AMA magazine a while back about a CBR900RR engine running nitro-methane (i think), stuffed into a hillclimb bike. Really great story, and the rider was kicking butt on it too. Those hillclimber guys are really nuts! :aj: :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:eek:

:worship: To all those hill climbers out there, I climb hills but nothing like what that thing is made for! :scream:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I saw a Harley powered hill-climber out at Jawbone Canyon (Cal.) once. The rear paddle was like a regular sand rail tire, about 10" wide. Danged if that thing didn't motor all the way to the top of the gnarliest hill there!
I think I might have made about 100 yds. up the same hill, and had to turn around. I had the bike in gear, dead motor, front wheel locked, and did about 60 MPH back down!
I have a lot of respect for these guys.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Can i get the holeshot with that thing?

I saw a program about 2 wheel bikes, hillclimbers one or them. The guy they showed, national or state champion or something, well it was in USA. He had a twin 750cc harly davidsson i think it was, 180hp he stated.

However im wondering why nobody rides big-bore 2-strokes anymore. I was looking on a race with the Swedish elite motocross riders. They were fast but no bigger 2-strokes than 250, maybe 380. Then just 4-strokes. Why doesnt the fast guys in the 500 class rides 2-strokes like the cr500af or something like that? It looked like they could go much faster on the straight parts.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Realy? you rode that thing!! ((crazy . . . )

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Originally posted by MONKEYMOUSE
Realy? you rode that thing!! ((crazy . . . )

That's Dave's bike.
He let me take it for a ride last spring.
It is as slim as a 250 and the weight is very low centered.
Rips-- :aj:

He wrecked pretty bad at out testing it last winter and broke his shoulder then wrecked again at Billings and thought he broke his pelvis.

When Fox Sports Tv has the Billings climb on their EX Show I would bet he will be shown since his wreck was one of the ugliest that weekend.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
You'll let us know when that will be on?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by KWJams

When Fox Sports Tv has the Billings climb on their EX Show I would bet he will be shown since his wreck was one of the ugliest that weekend.

Was ESPN2 there as well? They have a show called "Wreacked" It may also air on "BlueTorch" or "BT" on Fox in the early afternoon around 1500 or so.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Not sure who all was there, there was cameras every where.
Discovery Channel and Fox Sports are the only ones I know of, but Speed Channel are usually there to film segments for Dirt Rider Magazine and DesChamps Films was there filming for a new video.
I'll try to keep everyone posted. :cool:

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
So---Did anyone see the show?? :cool:

It was only a half hour show after some skateboarding but FOX TV did an incredible job.
My wife taped it for me since I was on the road.

If any of you would like to complement Full Throttle Television, Tim can be reached at [email protected] The crew of Full Throttle are excited about hillclimbing and are already planning a follow-up program for next year.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Yeah, :( I missed it the myself.
Tuned in at 11:00 and skaterboarder' s were cracking their nad's on hand rails and I had to get back to work.
My wife happened to catch it at 4:30pm and was barely able to get a tape in the VCR in time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom