Thinking about buying a "new" or "used" bike

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'8 160 lean and muscular with a bit of chub :laugh:
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I am a risk taker not to scared to do much
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Tracks and trails
4) Do you have any riding experience?
yes,been going hard at it for nearly 2 months and keep up with the big boys on their toys.
5) Do you think you will race ?
no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
mostly.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
I have riden 2 strokes from the beggining but have rode my friends KTM550 on the track several times and did pretty well.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
have access to many ways to getting bikes.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
$4000.00
10) Do you live in California?
NO!!
11) Your age?
43 next month
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I like a bike that feels good when you ride it and sounds powerful!!
Any help would be great as allot of my friends have differing opinions. :fft:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'd do either a CRF250F or CR250R...

Both should have plenty of power for your needs, with the 250R being a bit easier to work on.

I love my 450, but it's a beast. That thing has power where power shouldn't be. I've scared myself a few times with the pull that thing has.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Thank! I will ask around and see if there is one I can try for a day at the track. I love a challenge so to have not crashed is to not have lived on the edge...

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Well I went and found my new used bike!!!!!!!!!! It is a 96 xr400!! I rode it today and found that I am able to keep up with some of the racers that visited the track today! This was the funnest bike and greatest experience I have had sine my first day on the little kx80 30 hours ago when I began my dirt bike riding. I am totally exahusted but so exited that tomorrow is going to be another dirt bike day!WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…