This one is beyond belief

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Ok! I was in my office today work on material for a meeting(I'm a youth pastor). And I get a message on my voice mail. Some man wants to bonate some gear and stuff to our local riding group called "Dirt Riders Fellowship". It is a fellowship of riders that focuses on getting families and kids out riding together. I called him and we talked briefly and set a time for me to come pick-up the stuff. I arrived and he gave us a couple of chest protectors, 2 pair of boots, some bar pads, a 2001 KX 65, and a 2002 KX 85. Did you catch that or should I repeat it. Yes he gave to our riding ministry a KX 65 and KX 85. I am in shock. This was an awesome display of the goodness of one rider to further the sport and support young kids in riding.

I know this has nothing to do with the KDX forums, but it's just to exciting not to share.

Fuzzy Dice

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2002
Very generous of him.May God bless him.I'm thinking of starting a riding ministry too.I would like to send him my address :)

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
Thanks for caring for kids and doing what you do. It sounds like fun when bikes can get in the middle of it all!

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
That's great Midhigh, just think of how often you can tell new kids in your program of the generosity of this one person and how much he cares about each one of them. God rocks!!!! :yeehaw:

JDRooster

Jan 8, 2003
Midhigh, I'd like to swap some e-mails regarding your group. I was thinking of doing the same thing at my church here in Ohio, but have no idea how to get started. e-mail me at JDRooster@core.com If you wouldn't mind.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
That reminds me of how I got into riding. There was a Boy Scout troup that was centered on dirtbike trail riding. I joined and got a hodaka dirt squirt. What a great time we had and leaders who spent at least one weekend a month teaching us how to ride and compete on everything from trials to MX. My dad has never owned a motorcycle and I am sure I would have never gotten one if it wasn't for this type of group either. AfterI turned 18 and joined the military, I never contacted them, and have never heard of a Boy Scout troup that was dirt bike based since. Are they out there? If so, I would like to get involved and pass on my love of the sport to other youths who might not otherwise ever discover the joy in riding.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Its good to see that there are people out there like yourselves. With the current global catastrophies we are faced with everyday you tend to lose sight of the outstanding kindness and generosity that fellow man has to offer......Keep up the fantastic work.....It is making the world a happier place.....WTG

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Talk about a blessing!

Bringing families together is a good thing. I hope those bikes do what they are supposed to. God bless

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
The "Church of Fuzzy" gladly accepts donations on a 24/7/365 basis :)

All kidding aside....What a great thing to do!

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
it just goes to show do good to others and it will come back to ya-i am not a religous person but u r doing good buy those kids and someone repaid u.

it restores some faith in humanity i have lost over the years good luck with all ur kids and all the activities u have planned and thanks for giving to back to society

paddy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…