Threads

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Do some threads just get erased for some reason??? A couple of times I was looking for thread I responded to in the last day or 2 and can't find it.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Some times they do inadvertaintly, when a mod is trying to clean up a post. Accidents happen, I have done it a couple of times on my other sites before.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yes. They do get erased sometimes for some reason.

And sometimes for no reason.

My wife is a moderator for an ATV forum. She gets hundreds of requests a day for services of some sort..authorizations, complaints, suspicious entries etc. It's a big job keeping a site like this 1/2 way sorted out. I'm glad it's someone else trying to do that on this forum.....even if I don't understand the reasons behind some things.

So what? ;)

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Thanks for clarifying that guys!!! I thought I was losing my marbles!!! Like maybe I was dreaming about a thread that didn't really exist!!! Well, I guess I still can't rule that out, but at least there's a chance I'm not going nuts!!!

Tom L.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's pretty common for threads to be moved to a more appropriate forum. You can find your posts by clicking the Profile link at the bottom of you post, and from your Profile page click the Search for all posts by this user. link. This will show you the current location of all your posts.

FWIW, it's pretyy rare for a post to get deleted by acccident. If they get deleted it's usually for a reason.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:)

Uh Oh, I have those dreams too!

I have to remember to refill my psychotropic subscriptions on time! :eek:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

FWIW, it's extremely RARE for a post to get deleted by acccident. If they get deleted it's usually for a reason.
:)

Said by a man that will throw a padlock on them at the drop of a hat! :thumb:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Sorry TomL, but there's little chance you aren't nuts.

Let's see...spend thousands of dollars on a motorcycle. Then, spend more thousands to fix it (despite the harangues heard of, 'But it's brand new!!').

Then go ride as fast as you can on trails not suitable for a yak with another thousand $ worth of gear on that is supposed to protect you (yeah..hitting a tree at 40mph with what on is going to protect you? Ha!).

Nuts? Oh yeah. Good chance of that!! ;)

Last edited:

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Well, CC, when you say it like that, I guess we're all a little nuts!!! But we're havin' a blast at it!!! Anyway, thanks again for the enlightenment. I found the thread I was dreaming about. It was moved to another spot. I feel much better now!!!

Tom L.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…