Status
Not open for further replies.

DR3

Apr 17, 2007
About a month ago, my bike got bumped and it tipped over, the plastic part of my Throtle broke and it was sticking from the dirt and plastic in it. I cleaned it out. But now my throtle doesn't fall all the way back in place when I give it gas or ride. Which means it's always giving some gas trying to go and it's annoying and throwing off the usual feel of riding it.
Any suggestions on fixing it?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Lossen the throttle and move it just a bit out on the bar.. Most likely your grip is touching the end of the bar, causing to not turn back correctly..

Just had the very same thing happen on my YZ85 Tuesday...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Very good suggestion.. I need to do the same thing..

Also, get in the habit of not leaning your bike with the throttle side.. If you need to lean it against something, use the clutch side.

DR3

Apr 17, 2007
IndyYZ85 said:
Very good suggestion.. I need to do the same thing..

Also, get in the habit of not leaning your bike with the throttle side.. If you need to lean it against something, use the clutch side.

Acually it was on the clutch side.. but it was leaning on a gate, and somebody opened the gate backwards and caused it to fall on the throttle side.

DR3

Apr 17, 2007
Chili said:
Spend the $15 and buy a new throttle tube before it sticks wide open on you one day and kills you.
I dont understand how it would..

DR3

Apr 17, 2007
IndyYZ85 said:
Lossen the throttle and move it just a bit out on the bar.. Most likely your grip is touching the end of the bar, causing to not turn back correctly..

Just had the very same thing happen on my YZ85 Tuesday...
My Grip isn't on the bar, I checked that before, I took the grip all the way off and it was still doing the same thing, I think it's an easy fix if I could figure out what the problem is.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
DR3 said:
I dont understand how it would..

So currently the throttle is sticking but you don't see how it could stick in another position that could be very bad for your health? I wish you well and I hope the $15 you saved isn't needed for medical bills.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
DR3 said:
Acually it was on the clutch side.. but it was leaning on a gate, and somebody opened the gate backwards and caused it to fall on the throttle side.

Uhhh.. Don't do that??

TonyJeske

Feb 20, 2007
Inspect everything that is associated with the throttle=cable,housing,roller, and even the bar end wear it hit the ground, maybe there is a bur there know because it hit the ground. That could cause it to hang up. Maybe you should invest in an alluminum throttle tube if you keep leaning it up against that same fence.

DR3

Apr 17, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
You have to check the white plastic tube,inside your grip! Cracked,broke end=garbage or pain
I already said that was cracked

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
It's been pointed out several times now that you need to replace that throttle tube. If you decide it's worth $15 to risk your safety then I wish you luck. No reason to leave this open as there is no possible good advice for you that you haven't already received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom