Throttle dosen't return.

GreenCheetah

Nov 9, 2007
Not sure where the problem is here. I lubed the cables and found the carb-side spring is not totally fatigued. Might be the throttle tube? Do these things go bad typically? :think:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The tube could have dirt in it or the throttle assembly is pushed too far into the handle bar, towards the center. Try loosening the screws for the throttle tube clamp and move it out from the end of the handlebar, then retighten and see if that's the problem. You can check the cable and carb spring by disconnecting the cable end from the throttle tube and manually pulling it to see if it returns. Did the bike fall into the dirt on that side recently or did you change bars or grips?

GreenCheetah

Nov 9, 2007
I have to buy ya a beer for that one!!!

It is thirty-something degrees in the garage right now, but I just had to try the: "Try loosening the screws for the throttle tube clamp and move it out from the end of the handlebar, then retighten and see if that's the problem." Tip.

Right on the money!! I bought the bike this way and I am finding things wrong as time goes on. Seems like the previous owner didn't own any wrenches!

Even tho its cold out and hunting season is open I am still riding the woods here. Just might buy some screws when the ice stays.

Thanks again !

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007

LOL...Just wear blaze orange, and don't put antlers on you helmet! :yikes: Oh yeah, and no white!!! It looks like a deer tail! :think:

Some deer hunters also like to lay traps for the bikers. :pissed: Beware of stray barbed wire and other unusual stuff. :|

Rotor

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
There are several riding areas that close during hunting season here in the south east.

"Billy Jim Bob,
Sitting in a tree,
Can't tell the difference,
Between Bambi and me!"

:ohmy:

Rotor

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Nice, now get out and ride!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…