ceribrix

Jul 10, 2003
When pulling the throttle all the way back the bike does not take off right away. It sounds like the bike does not want to give gas at first. I originally bought the bike used and ran it until the tank was empty. When using the the bike with the original mixture it took off really fast and had alot of kick. At first I did not know what to use, so I took a random guys advice and mixed the bike at a 28:1 ratio using regular gas (87) and 2-stroke oil ( the stuff you use in your weedeater or blower). The bike ran for about a minute then the plug fouled out. I replaced the plug, drained the carb, drained the gas from the tank, then called the previous owner. He told me he used 28:1 with 93 octane gas and racing 2-stroke oil. So I put in H1R racing oil with 93 octane gas, the bike ran but it would slack before taking off. I took the advice given to me by an employee of "Wild West Honda" and change my ratio to 40:1, the problem remains. Can someone please help me, sorry for the troubles.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
You may want too go buy a shop manual for your bike and learn how too adjust the carb air screw , or perhaps go too a bigger jet.. Sounds like the bike is running lean..
Hope this helps you,
Rick

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Or perhaps there is some crud in the pilotjet. Try blowing through the jets particularly the small one by the mainjet. Never poke anything through it.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Start with the basics;
make sure the air filter is clean
make sure you're running the right plug
make sure you've got fresh gas and premix (40:1 sounds OK)

It may be as simple as a carb adjustment or if that doesnt help you may be taking the carb apart, clean everything, check the float adjustment and while you've got the carb out check the reeds.

hope this helps!

Dave..

JTurn36178

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2002
Air temps and humidity will drastically change the jetting requirements. Think about these elements when you first rode the bike... Were they 20 degrees or more different? These guys are pointing you in the right direction.

Good luck,
Jim

Top Bottom