Wallydog

May 14, 2002
My 2000 kdx 220 throttle seems to be sticky, atleast it seems so after riding a friends KTM 250. That had a very smooth effortless twist. The throttle on the KTM is built different and turns the cable around a wheel at the twister rather than the sleeve type on the KDX. Does anyone have any ideas for an aftermarket KTM type throttle that works on the KDX? Will a KX throttle work? I also would like a little less travel in the throttle -more MX like. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Have no idea if KX throttle would work. My throttle is smooth as silk.
Run your cable out, look for kinks or nicks.
Cable may just need to be lubed.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Look on Dennis Kirk's sute...look up "314 throttle" or you can buy the one I have that is brand new... made like a KTM's. Send me a private message if interested.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Wallydog...your email box is full! Here is your answer...
I bought this throttle for the KTM originally because it reacts more like a MX throttle. I wanted more of a enduro throttle but never installed it. The cable hooks up at a different point on the slide and that is how it adjusts to a enduro type......I will check on my 92 KDX 200 to see if it will work. I'm sure it will because it is fully adjustable. My KTM is very radical and gets away from me real easy. This is why I want to sell it if you know anyone interested let me know......

Top Bottom