dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Yes for the tight-woods, or more wide-open spaces , or is the stock setting in the middle the best. For allround. Ride mainly HairScramble tight trails a few GNCC, I have all or most of the mods everyone eles has. Does anyone have any thougt or in-put on this subject have not seen a post or have mist it trying to fine.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
A few of us have dabbled, there should be some OLD threads.
To sum up, there not much there to be had, without comprimising low end, top end, the engine's integrity, etc.
'Straight up' is what most everyone comes back to.
Only other addition is...
When reinstalling the flywheel, some have a degree or two of slop on the keyway before torquing down, resulting in unpredicatble perfomance differences; carfefully centering the flywheel on the keyed shaft 's available slop (that exists in the flywheels' keyway) before torquing seams to remedy that.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Read THIS to get the gist of what timing changes do.

I change mine regularly. When I'm headed for the sand, I retard the timing, otherwise to the 'middle mark' for the woods.

I don't recall this being mentioned in the above thread, but EG has made the point in other places (my recollection) that while some bikes may indeed benefit from spark retard, they usually do not benefit from spark advance.

Besides...advancing the spark may well lead to premature death by seizure.

Note the max movement if you move it all!!

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom