Tips for sticking on new graphics????

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
I work in automotive paint and body work and I have to install Graphics ALL the time and recently did my KDX all over. First get you a squirt bottle, Squeegie, Dawn soap, and a Heat gun(hair drier works,but not as well). First you want to put maybe 2 or 3 tablespoon fulls of dawn in your squirt bottle then fill with water. Then thouroughly clean your plastic with rubbing alcohol, Then spray rour hands with the water thouroughly(to keep your fingers from sticking to the graphics) and peel the backing off of your graphics, As you are peeling the graphics,spray the glue side thouroughly with the water (the soap makes them moveable ) and then spray the plastic part with the water. Place the graphics on the plastic and slide it around where you need it and start squeeging the water out while heating it with the heat gun (DO NOT OVERHEAT THE GRAPHICS ) Just enough heat to make the graphics pliable is enough, Work slowly and from the center out keeping an eye out for air bubbles. If you experience air bubbles then poke them with a needle and push out the air through the needle hole with the squeegie. If the fgaphic doesnt seem to want to lay flat then you need to heat it to lay flat all the while you are squeeging it all down. ;) Hope this helps, if you have any questions just e-mail me at owenlo@mindspring.com
Obie #8

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Just squirt the plastic with windex, place the graphics and move around until there aligned, wait until dry.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
Spray and Dry?,O.K., But if you have any contours on anything the vinyl graphics will either not lay flat or fold over itlesf and then you are buying new graphics, again. Trust me the heat molds the vinyl to a TEE and it looks FACTORY. But then, it is only my opinion. Do what you feel is best!!!

GOOD LUCK, Obie

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Good tips fellows. Which is better? Put the seat cover on first and then line up the graphics OR put the graphics on first and try to line up seat cover? I have a sweet looking set just waiting for me to get to them. When I do I will take photos along the way and post them on JustKDX.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
If I were you I would put the seat cover on first but NOT stapled just taped, then line up your graphics and stick them and then come back and staple the seat cover. That way nothing is permanent until you know you have it RIGHT

Good Luck, Obie #8 ;)

Top Bottom