Tips for Using Bimotion v 3.1.11 Engine Tuning

crawl9

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Need Help with Entering Values for Port Dim. For the Bimotion v3.1.11 Software.

I've attached a pic of the Help file That comes with the Program but can't make sense of it.

The Questions it ask for Port Shape are:

Previous dist.<H1> 2mm
Distance Square Port edge-rounded port edge<h1>?

Then it asks:

Previous factor 1
Calculated factor with rounded port top edge 1
port height shape factor <enter to accept prev.>?

Also, It a reply to this thread, i'll post a pic with dim in MM of my exhaust.

Attachments

• help0.jpg
    help0.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,098

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Crawl9-

quick question for you. On your drawing of your port, is that width the cord width? or is it taken from a flat paper like from a pencil scetch from inside the cylinder?

I havent figured out if the Bimotion calculates on cord width or from flat port map.

crawl9

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
The Drawing is From a Flat Paper from a Pencil scetch of the Cylinder.
I'm not sure either if it's Calculates cord width or flat port map. I'll see what I can find out.

crawl9

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
What is Meant by Tune speed or Tuned Crank speed (RPM)

Is this the RPM that the Engine will make that most HP and start to drop off after that. Or is it the Range the Engine will Respond Best?

I'm Wanting a Engine With Good Upper Bottom to Upper Mid with an Average Over Rev. What RPM should I tune for.
Also, What is the Maxium Piston Speed for a 125 or at what average piston speed do you start to sacrifice piston, ring and cylinder life?

I have a 2001 RM 125. The CranK has been Stroked 10mm. I'm using a 100mm Rod. I'm using 1/16 Spacer Plate. I plan on running Race Gas. Right now with No changes to the Cylinder The Exaust is openning at 76 Degrees TDC and the transfer ports are coming on at 100 degress. So that's 208 degrees of Exaust duraion and 160 of Transfer.

Here a port map of my cylinder

Attachments

• port map2.jpg
    port map2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,011

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I read a review about it that said all questions can quickly be answered by the programs author at [email protected]
Too bad the program costs $500. I'd like to see what certain porting changes on my bike would do to the powerband.
Once you get it figured out then would you consider doing my engine (for a fee) if I give you all the info you ask for? Hey, maybe it will turn into a part time job for you helping others on dirtrider.net
:-)

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom