tire changers

brdhamiltn

Nov 19, 2002
I am considering buying a tire changing stand. I belive the make is Terrycable($90). Is anyone familiar with this type of cage? I have only been able to change a front by hand untill now and am looking for the best home tire changing aid available. thanks.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I use an galvanized garbage can with a towel draped over it. I've changed several tires this way. Heck you don't have to bend over as far either.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Check this LINK , Here they say try a 14" car rim. I am going to try this myself and thought I would pass it on to you guys. :thumb:

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I use a 5 gal bucket and sit on my shop caddy with castors so I can roll around. Also use 8" motion pro irons.
Lew

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
C'mon guys!! You're taking all the fun out of it if you don't use a couple of 2x4s for wheel spacers and crawl around on the concrete garage floor!

brdh: I've considered the same setup. Changing back-n-forth from sand paddle to dirt dunlop is a royal PITA. If you end up getting one and it works well (I like the long lever part of it..complete with a bead 'roller' as opposed to a simple lever), post a note 'bout it?

xr400forever

Jan 6, 2002
I use an old 13 inch tire. Set on top of a freezer. easy to reach and no metal to bend my rotor or scratch anything.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…