cantrell24x

Oct 24, 2001
Anyone have a suggested tire? at other races I normally run pirelli or michellins both are soft. I don't know if they will work for loretta's.

Thanks

Chris

cantrell24x

Oct 24, 2001
I did a quick google search for "rubber ones with knobs" it seems they have gone out of business.

They were misrepresenting their tires to unsuspecting and gullible riders who thought the witty name meant they sold a good tire.

Turns out The rubber ones with knobs tire company was really just a one phone shop in China town that sold retreaded old ching shens to four stroke riders in the hills of east TN. and the surrounding areas.

After months and months of complaints the ROWK tire company was shut down by the Chinese Manufactures Association for giving Chinese exports a reputation of even poorer quality than they already had.

Many of the customers of Rowk have since given up riding and have formed a support group that meets twice a week. You can reach them at 1-800-977-7825

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
It's fairly loose there, with a good amount of gravely, rock-based stuff. If you can survive an entire loop of whoops (everything, the woods, the fields, even the creek beds) then your tires will be the least of your worrys.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
It's been a few years........ I remember a couple good hills, nothing too gnarly. The loop was most likely the usual 8-12 miles. BIG turnouts... a lot of riders means the first loop will be bumper to bumper. But it was the Mid-South Winter Series I rode, perhaps that is what brought so many people.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Think creek gravel or maybe a better description would be pea gravel. Land drains very well and you should find almost no mud. Short steep, momentum style hills. You are very close to Ky Lake which is Tenn River dammed up. Fun place to ride. John

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
cantrell24x said:
I did a quick google search for "rubber ones with knobs" it seems they have gone out of business.

They were misrepresenting their tires to unsuspecting and gullible riders who thought the witty name meant they sold a good tire.

Turns out The rubber ones with knobs tire company was really just a one phone shop in China town that sold retreaded old ching shens to four stroke riders in the hills of east TN. and the surrounding areas.

After months and months of complaints the ROWK tire company was shut down by the Chinese Manufactures Association for giving Chinese exports a reputation of even poorer quality than they already had.

Many of the customers of Rowk have since given up riding and have formed a support group that meets twice a week. You can reach them at 1-800-977-7825

Please don't give out too much information as it could hurt my clients in the upcoming Class Action lawsuit. You know, the lawsuits where I would make $14 million and my "clients" would get a coupon for $2 off their next purchase of rubber things with knobs. Got to love America.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2strokerfun said:
. . . my "clients" would get a coupon for $2 off their next purchase of rubber things with knobs. Got to love America.
Those "things" are different from tires . . .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom