titax rear break rotor

kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
are they good. does anybody use this rotor..what kind of pads should we use for this rotor...semi-metal,sintered,full metal,no-metal...thank you for your inputs and help...philippe

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I bought one. Didn't use it.

Primarily why? Well, cuz it was real ugly mostly. I threw it in my bucket as a spare.

Doesn't look at all to be the right type of metal, the angles are real sharp (read: crack? break?).

If you do try one out I hope you post a review.

They are certainly cheap.

Maybe worth every penny? :think:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I have used them now for 2 season. The annodized coating will wear off where the pads hit the rotor. But no issues at all. For certain bikes, they may not look great, but work just fine. At $50 they are a steal! They now have SS units and oversized available.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The rotors are not bad at all. I ran one for two seasons on my Suzuki DR 350 without any issues.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
they work just fine> 2yr x two bikes. I use the cheep carbon pads and change them offen.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
Well sounds like they work good. I was looking at those for the ol' 200 cuz the rotor is so worn you can see where the pads run is definatly not as thick as it should be. Sure beats paying 200 for one from the dealer!

kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
titax

ok i bought one.i installed the rotor today.they seem to be cheaper than the stock unit but i will give a try.also cc is right they are uggly.i think i will be able to run the rotor 3-4 season,i will do a report in the future.
you can also look the three pictures i have taken...

http://groups.msn.com/KDXRidersCommunity/philippe.msnw?Page=1

copy and paste on your browser...philippe

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…