MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'm very seriously looking at getting one but I'm clueless about this motor other than its really fast for an 85 stock. What kind of mods are people doing to them? I get one I was gonna have it bored to a 105, but I heard that some of the older 125 top ends will fit anyone know if this is true? Sorry for posting here but you guys know more about TM's in this forum.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
You might talk to Ted at motorcyle works in renton about the tm. i think he has sponsored a rider on one and no mods were made.

just a shameless plug for a guy thats helped out the sport.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Yes they would but that big cylinder is a dead give away that it is more than a 105. TM has a 100 piston for the 85. They make a 100 model. Same stroke just a different bore.

I will research the bore and stoke issues tonight.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
The bike I rode I borrowed from motorcycle works my friend is really good friends with ted. I'm like a pay check away from getting it trying to work a good deal on it cause it wasn't in the best of condition needs alittle bit of work.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
oh i'm not worried about being legal for super mini's I'm too old for that class, but I haven't found anything stating an age limit? I was planning on racing it against 125's since the size of the bike fits me excellently. That and it takes such an agressive style to ride and would be a great teacher for me something I need practice in badly it will make me faster overall.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom