DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
I'm 35 and I started this year. I still get whipped by guys older than I am.....of course the younger ones too......

maxrevs666

totally rocktacular
~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2007
most of the guys I go riding with are in their mid forties and are only at it for the last few years. I dont think its ever too late to be honest, the main problem I have is that i tend to take it easier than when i was younger, a broken arm while in school isn't much of a problem, but a broken arm when you are working to pay bills, mortgage etc is a whole other ballgame.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
never too old. When I started at 33 I was fat and out of shape. Now I am fat and in shape. :laugh: MX has been a great motivator to work out and stay in shape. I see guys at my track that appear to be at least in their 50s. Most of them are faster than me. Just take it slow and learn proper technique.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
out in WV there was a dentist who was in his 40's. the first moto he killed everyone including the home town hero that always wins (but thats the only track he ever races at) the 2nd moto he started off in first but then started to slow down. he just didnt have the stamina.

moral of the story its never too!

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
so what. If the kid wants to be the next james stewart there is still a chance he may. If the kid has enough heart and works hard enough to acheive his goal anything can happen. And the only thing that bmx would do to help mcgrath is helping with jumping and staying in shape. All this kid has to do is run every day and work at the gym and he could be in good shape too.

Mar 16, 2007
defo26 said:
so what. If the kid wants to be the next james stewart there is still a chance he may. If the kid has enough heart and works hard enough to acheive his goal anything can happen. And the only thing that bmx would do to help mcgrath is helping with jumping and staying in shape. All this kid has to do is run every day and work at the gym and he could be in good shape too.

whatever, bmx and mx are similiar. alot of stuff from bmx translates over to mx. k ill make a 5000 bet with you that this kid does not become the next james stewart...deal??? :nener:

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
haha c'mon man we probably all know that but you dont have to just put him down like that. James Stewart is amazing but it doesnt mean this kid cant make it to race with that level of racers. Not saying he is gunna be as fast as stewart but he could still make it to the pro ranks.

robertmoto10

Dec 27, 2009
njkx said:
never too old. When I started at 33 I was fat and out of shape. Now I am fat and in shape. :laugh: MX has been a great motivator to work out and stay in shape. I see guys at my track that appear to be at least in their 50s. Most of them are faster than me. Just take it slow and learn proper technique.
ya my dad is 52 and i ride with him all the time

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom