Tommorrow will be a good/long day.

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
Whew !, after 8 long weeks, I will have my whole leg long cast removed, and a below the knee cast put on, with a WALKING BOOT ! If you don't want to walk for about 2 months, just don't wear your boots! Lesson learned. :)

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I am constantly making my 3 children put theirs on, even though they huff and puff. I will let them read this, thank you.

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
Just to update, yesterday i got my short cast and a walking "bootie". I have yet to take a step on it. My knee doesn't seeem to work very well, I guess after 2 months of immobility, tendons get tight!!!! I hope to be able to walk in the next 5 days as I am getting married on the 18th.lol

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
You will also find that your leg muscles would have atrophied as well. You're gonna need physiotherapy or a good gym trainer to get you back on track. I popped my ACL in March. I have just reached the point where I can leg press 300 lbs. I'm walking better and getting stronger each day. :cool:

Good luck with getting married, don't let wifey (to be) make you sell your bike. You gotta keep a hobby even after marraige. :laugh:

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
Just 3 days before the big day, and I'm finally limping around the house with help of a cane. You'll never catch me riding with out my gear on again!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…