omaits

May 23, 2005
I currently own a 400ex and want to purchase a dirtbike. A friend of mine is selling a 2000 cr125(144 bore). I really like the bike and he has taken awesome care of it. But I am worried I may weight a little too much for that size of a bike. Here is a list of the bike mods...

New: (less than 3 rides)
Tag Sprockets and chain
Fork Seals
unbreakable ASV clutch lever
Piston/Piston Rings
144CC Big Bore Kit
Engine gaskets
Front tire
Grips
clutch kit Brand-new in package

Used: (5-7 Rides)
Dunlop Race Replica Rear tire
Race Tech Fork Springs
Rear wheel Bearings
Carbon Fiber frame guards (gripper style)

Used: Black plastic
One Industries Enslow graphics /gripper seat
Tag Handlbars
Pro Circuit exhaust and silencer
Aftermarket engine cover

He has asked that I pay 1750 for the bike. What do you guys think? I weight around 220 lbs., is that too much? Thanks!

CK

Mar 29, 2005
No problem

I raced at 200 lbs on a 125. Makes it hook up better. ;)

Seriously, You can be happy with a resprung suspension and for a non-race application, you'd be fine. Just go have fun on it and you can always sell it and get a 250...

omaits

May 23, 2005
Thank you for the input. I will continue to do research and take any opinions I receive here into consideration. Suppose I did buy the bike and decided to resell, do you think I would have any trouble getting the 1750 back out of it? It does have alot of aftermarket parts, but I am nto real sure what I bike like this is really worth.

Thanks

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
You would definetly need to get the springs changed, I am 230 and when I have crawled onto the top of a stock 125 I can hear it beg for mercy. :laugh:

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
omaits said:
Thank you for the input. I will continue to do research and take any opinions I receive here into consideration. Suppose I did buy the bike and decided to resell, do you think I would have any trouble getting the 1750 back out of it? It does have alot of aftermarket parts, but I am nto real sure what I bike like this is really worth.

Thanks

You might have a hard time selling, take that into consideration. The 125 class is almost completely gone to 250 4 strokes. I am trying to sell my 125 to get a 250 two stroke, but I have had no serious takers since I put it up a couple of months ago. So be warned! :ahhh:

omaits

May 23, 2005
Point well taken on the resell issue. I think I have decided to not get the 125. It just seems too small now. I know when I start riding it, I would want something bigger.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Buy the 125!! The ".... too big for a 125" line is B.S.! I'm about 235-240 and it's not my weight that keeps me from smoking people. The big bore will give you plenty of power. I ride mine mostly in the woods and haven't bothered to respring it yet, it might work better, but works pretty darn good now. Practiced twice on a SX style track and would have to do some work if I went there much. People like to blame their bike for their lack of speed (easier than taking credit themselves!) Usually it's more of a neuro-musclular control issue with the right wrist!

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
All the full size MX bike share most components, the chassie will support your weight just as well as a 250 or 450. The motor whill have plenty of power to get you around, though it will require you to keep the bike on the pipe (i.e. reved up in the rpm band where it makes good power). If you want to be able to roll the throttle on from low rpm and have the bike accelerate then you (or anyone) will need a 250+.

good luck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom