Too many 125's to choose from not enough experience to pick...

Meltdwn

Jun 10, 2006
Hi!
some background.. I am 5'9" 165-170lbs, Aggressive but not stupid, desert trails, Possibly race, Somewhat mech inclined. Many dealers in the Phoenix area..$1750-$2000

I'm not an experianced rider but I've been Mt. Biking for about 10+ years so I'd say I'd pickup riding a dirt-bike faster than someone thats never been on one.

The bike is going to be used mostly in Arizona and Southern Calif.

With all the many different 125's to choose from (KX, YZ, CR, RM, KTM) I'm a little lost. I'd like to buy the right bike first to save myself $ and aggrevation. I'd like to go with a 2 stroker.

I'd prefer a bike that has a more versitile power range, I know 2 stroke 125's have their characterisics!!!, but which out of the lot would be the best MATCH? :cool: Please keep in mind with my price range I'm not going to be able to go new..
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
They YZ's have have about the best rep for good power as well as suspension. The CR's are known to have the worst motors as far as being hard to ride and a narrow powerband. The KTM's are supposed to have a great motor as well, but some do not have very good suspension. Any of the other brands are pretty decent. I've had KX's and RM's as have my friends. We were all reasonbaly happy. Have fun!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Go with the YZ pick up a nice clean one it has the most potentional out the price range your looking in, it's the most well rounded package pay the little etrxa for a good one. Beat down 125's can be come money pit's fast!

Top Bottom