top end question

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I have never had any problems with wiseco as well, been using them in every 2t I have owned. Reason i dont go OEM is because my local dealer sucks ( so why support them?), the price it twice as high and I notice no difference between the two. The wiseco's seem to actually last me a tad longer.

Blarf, just take your time when doing the top end, it is rather simple, once you do it one time it will take you barely take time to do your next one when time comes. Good Luck on everything

blarf

Aug 10, 2006
thanx guys, i'm waiting for the top end kit to come next week and i guess i'll do it toward the end of next week. i keep reading that shop manual over and over.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Yeah I have accually. But why I recomend OEM pistons is from experience. I ride euro bikes period. They have forged pistons as a rule...rice bikes don't for the most part. Wiseco would be a viable alternative for a cast piston. There is the difference, IMHO, So be it.

"Hey dezryder, have you had issues with Wiseco?
I have been using them for a variety of bikes over many years with zero problems. Sometimes there are better alternatives than OEM.[/QUOTE]"

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
That is exactly the reason I run the Wiseco piston instead of OEM Honda. Wiseco's are forged, OEM Honda is cast.

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
CsChuck14 said:
why do you have to remove the radiator to rebuild the top end?

It is really easy since the hoses are already disconnected and it gives you that much more room.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
you dont have to remove it, I never do, you just have to make sure it is fully drained

CsChuck14

Sep 9, 2006
im about to rebuild the top end in my 03 xk 125 for the first time in about a week, and ill prob go with oem, wheres the best place to buy the parts

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…