Top end rebuild in sub zero temps.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Should I have any concerns trying to break in a new top end when its pretty cold out? Its usually around the -10degree mark (no idea what that translates into for you yanks) or colder up here in the great white north. I am a little bit worried about properly breaking in this new Wiesco top end in really cold conditions. Am I jumping to conclusions? I could probably get my hands on a decent space heater for the garage if I had to. This is my first top end, I really don't feel like messing it up due to the cold..

Thanks guys... :thumb:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I believe that as long as your jetting isn't too lean due to the cold, and you let it warm up properly that you should be fine! The most important step to breaking in a forged piston (like a Wiseco) is to run the piston through 2-4 heat cycles (heat up, cool down) before you run the bike. Good Luck. :)

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Hey Hucker, its hockey season. Why not just wait until the weather warms up in six months or so.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…