toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
I was wondering if anyone knows a good website with pictures and text on how to do a top end? I already checked C Dave's website and he has a good pictorial but it's mainly for cleaning the the valves. I have never even taken of the cylender head so I need as much detail and pictures as possible. I also searched DRN but didn't find any detailed instructions and my manual doesn't even mention the top end so that doesn't help at all. Thanks in advance for any help.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
First thing you'll want to do is order a shop manual, Wiseco piston kit and make sure your local dealer has gaskets etc in hand. Be sure to check out the Tech Tips section on JustKDX where you'll find an article on how to properly remove the nut on top the main KIPS shaft and a correction for how the manual identifies the KIPS valves.

Once you've read through the manual get back to us with some specific questions and we'll take it from there.

If you have some specific questions while you are doing the rebuild fire off an email and I'll give you my phone number. justkdx@hotmail.com .

If worst comes to worse you might have to pull the engine and drive north for a couple hours. When you see Fort Saskatchewan turn right and we'll take it from there.

KDX4ALL

Dec 9, 2002
Originally posted by toalco-kdx
I was wondering if anyone knows a good website with pictures and text on how to do a top end?

Check out this link. It has illustrations and instructions. Hope it helps.

http://www.motocross.com/garage/topend.html

Top Bottom