rm1125er01

Jun 16, 2010
so i finally got my cylinder back and now its time to put it all back together.. my question is how to correctly torque the nut thats under the power valve cover... any help THANK YOU

(i tried to search first but couldnt come up with what i was looking for)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No torque wrist? I torque the others, and develop a feel. Mine are probably over tight. With torque spoke wrenches, who would bet on a 14mm box end torque wrench? Motion pro? Vintage Bob

Nov 8, 2010
you need a tourque extension they look like a ring spanner with a square in the centre for the tourqe wrench my base nuts are just hand tightened and prolly to tight but i do em till there niped tight and going no where soon but not till ill never un do them

like this but you can get longer ones.

2197-ed-korns-torque-extension.jpg

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
I made mine. Since the torque is pretty low I used a 12 point wrench and 3/8' square. After I welded them together the total length was 2.5" - use the chart with the wrench for your app. FF - you could put a 6 point together. Instead of spending what motion pro wanted I made mine out of spare parts ;)

Nov 8, 2010
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
How much does the extra leverage alter the readings? I hate 12 points, 6 point for ever!
agreed 6point all the way.

you onli alter the torque if its straight if you can attach at 90 degrees you dont alter the torque and set wrench as per normall ive seen a ring spanner with a socket welded to it in the centre at 90 degrees workd a treat too

FNG

May 2, 2008
Finger tight on all of them then mark with a sharpie. Torque the ones you can then set the ones you can't according to the marks.

Not perfect, but better than the "Feel" method if you don't have the time in to have developed it.

Top Bottom