Bubbie3737

Feb 28, 2004
Alright, so I added some oil to my friend's 86 kdx 200. The cap on it is weird, all rubber, not plastic like other bikes. anyways, i had it almost all the way on and the top just twisted off, so now it's stuck on there. It sealed how it is, but i'm gonna need to change oil or add oil sometime. How do i get this out? It is completely flush, there's no extra there to get a hold of and twist. I was thinking maybe a corkscrew or something...

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
it's like a threaded conical shaped bolt, with a reverse thread, and a head that you can fit a spanner onto. You drill a pilot hole, and the screw the easyout anticlockwise into the hole. because it's conical, it soon gets locked into the hole, and further turning actually starts to undo the screw you're trying to remove.

A great piece of kit no workshop should be without - perfect for us ham-fisted individuals!

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
My '93 has an all-rubber cap/plug as well. It's useless. The threads became torn - gee who would think rubber would do that? - and therefore became stuck. I used a pair of pliers to back it out and then bought a new one. Chances are if it's stuck and it's rubber, it's gonna be ruined when you pull it back out.

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
When I received my KDX the Threads on the oil filler cap were toast also. I replaced mine with a HONDA 250R Cap. It's made of hard plastic with an O-Ring to seal. Works great.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom