Tossed my FRP Kicker

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I got me a new OEM kicker today and tossed that sorry FRP. I can't believe people like those things. (I've had it for a year now) It makes my bike so much harder to start. Not to mention that I ruined two soles on my teck 8s from hitting the foot peg. Putting that oem back on is almost like having an electric start. I think I could start it bare foot :yeehaw:

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Wow, that is surprising to hear, I thought everyone loved the FRP kicker...

My stock kicker is beginning to rotate beyond 90degrees, so I may be in the market for another one soon. How much was the OEM kicker?

rlbranson

Dec 24, 2003
If your kicker is rotating beyond 90 degrees you may be able to get a welder to put a little dab of weld on it so that it doesn't rotate so far. look at it and think about it and you will see what I mean.

bob

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Yeah Wibby, that's where I got mine. Kawasaki only sells it with the knuckle and all. When I bought the FRP, I found out that you had to buy about three or more parts in all. Well over $100.00. I don't remeber exactly. If you have the OEM, push it down all the way and look at it. Notice how it extends well beyond the foot peg to the right. Now imagin a much shorter and "tighter" lever. The FRP makes my foot hit the foot peg and has ruined my boots. I don't see how people deal with that!

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
The FRP kicker works great for me, bike starts 1st kick like clockwork. The main benefit to me, being vertically challanged, is kicking on the side of a hill. The shorter kicker has it's pro's. Works great for me, my 02. :)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A pretty good case of different strokes, 'eh?

Myself, I don't see how you would ruin the sole of your boot with the FRP kicker. I did ruin a couple of M6 boots with the oem kicker though. My tech8s (sic?) and my FRP kicker get along just fine.

But then, I can start my bike by hand.....even with the shorty FRP kicker. Not that I make a habit of that, but I have done it before when necessary (I'm standing in a ditch with the bike seat about chin height).

It's much more important (read: beneficial/smart) to go with what works for you...NOT using what someone else has said is 'really cool'.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I don't have the FRP but use the oem KX125 kicker which is basically the same thing and it has been one of the best things I ever have done for my KDX. Much easier to start in all circumstances and is darn near bulletproof. I have the big gnarly footpegs and yeah at first it chewed my boots up but I learned to kick with more of a straight foot approach which is better anyways and it doesn't happen anymore. I'd say the short kicker is a must have for any KDX.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
My Son's FPR kicker is some where on the Cedar Creek south loop, and good riddance! I went back to the stock'er. :clue:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…