medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
I've taken a huge step and started riding on the "Big track" and can't even keep up with the kid on the 50 so do I apologize to everyone before or after I ride for my ineptness or should I stay on the right so riders can pass me on the left? I only ride if the track is virtually empty.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I usually try to stay out of the best line, if I happen to be on a track with 'A' riders.. But, if I can't I just keep my line. I once had a guy tell me he liked it when slower riders were on the track in his way, it helped him work on his passing.

So, bottom line, you paid the same money to be there, so use the track. Just be predictable.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ride your own lines and stick to them. You riding in the ruff, is making you more squirrelly. If they can ride better, let them go ride in the ruff stuff. Try not looking around, stick to what YOU are doing. You will beat them 50's one day.

Jun 24, 2008
Stick to where ever you feel safest, don't weave in and out...try and stick to a designated path so the riders behind you can chart out your moves. If they want to, they will move around you, you aren't in the way.

Don't feel like you need to apologize everyones been in your situation one point or another so they completely understand! Dirt bikers (well most) respect and welcome newer people...so don't think you will get get on their nerves -- you most likely won't!

I'm starting the "big track" too...I'm just giving you the advice my brother gave me haha

Apr 30, 2007
The words I always heard (repeatedly) were "Hold your line!"

The other thing I found to be most useful was to ask another rider to show you around the track. It takes a little bit of time to feel out the ones that will help, and the ones that are a little more "stuck up' (there is pretty much always someone at the track like that). But almost everyone will offer a lot of great advice specific to that track.

That, or do your best to find another rider who is starting out like you are, and ride together (but not side by side over the jumps - that isn't such a good idea).

Don't apologize unless you really do get in the way and cause an accident. Past that, just enjoy the ride, and don't worry about other riders. If they are more skilled, they can get around you with little to no problem!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom