Status
Not open for further replies.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
TBL: Do you really want to try to ride one of those utility vechicles. "Mules" On a #4 trail even if it's was wide enough? It's hard enough to get a two wheeler down one of those? I'd have no problem supporting new trails or making some of the currant trails usable for that type of machine. Just don't screw up my little world.
TBL: Have you ever ridden any of the currant ORV routes with that mule didn’t you get tired of the whoops. That machine just wasn’t meant to do that kind of work? You should consider up grading to more of a quad type machine then your access to ORV trails would be expanded!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Oh lord here we go again. TBL has realized that he wasn't getting anywere at TT and jumped over here to stir up the pot. There are no winners in this game. Just drop this entire post here and now cause it isn't gonna get any better I promise you. This same conservation was finially shut down by the Moderators over at TT cause it was going no were. I guerntee that if you all keep post swaping this thread will be larger than "woodsy's thread" within weeks.

Dec 19, 2004
2TrakR said:
Terry,
This data is from the 1999 study done by Dr Charles Nelson of MSU commissioned by the DNR. We should have more current data in a few months when the 2004 study is done.

Why is it that when I asked Dr. Nelson at the meeting if the DNR had indeed funded his current studies at the same level (in 2004 dollars) as they had done the last one....his answer was NO? (keeping in mind that even those studies were anything but representative; yielding bogus figures like "more motorcycle hours than quad hours spent" not even a short time ago).

More importantly, why weren't the motorcyclists jumping all up and down over this obvious lack of funding and its EFFECT on gathering accurate and current data TODAY?

We all know why.... and hold such inaction up as a PRIME example as to just why this "agenda driven" leadership has to either start shifting their attitudes or be forced out.

IF YOU REFUSE TO EVEN BRING UP THE FACT THAT YOUR DNR ISN'T FUNDING STATISTICAL ANALYSIS AND COMPREHENSIVE TRAIL STUDIES AT A LEVEL THAT ENABLES THEM TO MAKE THE BEST DECISIONS POSSIBLE...YOU'VE GOT TO GO.

Dr. Nelson made NO BONES that day about what funding he got before; what he was offerred in 2004 and just WHAT the difference in those two figures would make.

And the second that he got done explaining this fact....all you had to do; was look over at these motorcyclist leaders sitting there with nary a word to say about it.... and you knew the fix was in (especially if "I" was the only one siting in that room who knew what the heck a TRUE comprehensive study was all about and/or gave a damn about how it affected this upcoming update plan) . :ugg:

Sometimes it's not what you fight for that is the true measure of a man....it's what you sit back and let happen.

I love how you guys just all want this to "go away" by refusing to adress even ONE of the facts I have presented here or the obvious NEGATIVE effects they will have on any further discussions between our groups. Try to shift the duiscussion all you'd like....I've stated what I've experienced and have absolutely no motive to fabricate ANY of it.

Some of you really need to take a hard look at what kind of legacy builders you are portraying yourselves as when it comes to the future of the majority of the citizens of this state (not just the ones who can balance on two wheels and think portions of OUR land should be accessed by ONLY a select few).

These discussions have been a real eye opener; as my contention has always been (to the rest of the atving community)...that old school club membership was forcing leadership to not "stand up" to some of these more radical "us against them" attitudes.

Obviously, it goes a lot deeper than just that. :|

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OK, this is enough

I am requesting that this thread be closed as it no longer serves any useful purpose -the originator didn't intend for this to happen I'm sure.

FLEM

Sep 22, 2004
your right this has gone and is going nowhere, we' are arguing ATV / cycle issues with somebody who wants to drive(not ride) for all intensive purposes a golf cart, in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom