Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
"Unbreakable" is what was advertised, I was quite skeptical but figured for the extra $3 I'd go fo it since the factory installed one was broken from a hail storm. 2 years later the unbreakable vent cap for my cargo trailer looks like it was run over by a mower ...several times LOL! Funny thing is the last hail storm produced some larger ice than the latest one did. Oh well now to find one that is my definition of unbreakable, a metal one! :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I can guarantee it wasn't MY mower that ran it over, just for info.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll have to take a pic and post it, it's pretty funny really. Just finished ordering a METAL lid that should be here in a day or two and resolve the problem for good.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Why were you on top of the trailer with a lawnmower? :nener: Better be more careful when mowing up there when you get the metal one, you could really mess up the mower. :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If I would have hit it with my mower it would be in many little pieces I know this because I did it to a metal and plastic bird feeder my wife had. I guess I hit it with the rollbar or loader and then ran it through the shreader....oops.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Patman said:
If I would have hit it with my mower it would be in many little pieces I know this because I did it to a metal and plastic bird feeder my wife had. I guess I hit it with the rollbar or loader and then ran it through the shreader....oops.

... that's Pat's story and he's sticking to it. :p

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I know how tough you are on your stuff and what you're expectations are, Pat. There's "unbreakable" and then there's "Patman Proof". :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well my replacement arrived yesterday on the front porch. I think it will work just fine, a nice piece of galvanized metal, matches with the roof perfectly.... sort of..... after it ages a tear or so but at least it won't get holes in it after a hail storm :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom