Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
I am replacing the carb on m '74 Suzi ts250. The old carb is trashed. I had trouble finding an OEM replacement, so instead I'm going with a different Mikuni. The stock carb was 28mm. The replacement is 32mm. The stock jets are 180 main, 25 pilot. Can anyone suggested what size jets I should use with the larger replacement carb. I went larger than stock with the replacement cuz I fugured I may as well squeeze everything I can from this old bike that now has a new top end. Thanks for your help.

originaldirt

Apr 25, 2000
Your first problem probably will be that the 28mm and the 32mm are different in intake spigot size. After that the fun begins. Try finding a RM250 or PE 250 with a 32mm stock carb specs and then replicate those. For the inexperienced, and feint of heart this can be a daunting task and a large expenditure............................in other words a lot of money spent that gets you no where. Sorry for the bad news warning. I've been there and done that, and know it takes lots of experience, skill, patience, and understanding of the carb circuits to get the job done.
OD

Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
Thanks, OD. Actually the size of the intake spigot isn't that much of an issue. The OEM carb had a flange type intake connection so that the carb bolted directly to the cylinder. I have already ordered an adaptor to let me attach a round spigot 32mm carb to the mounting bolts. I noticed that new 32mm carbs on-line come with 200 main and 35 pilot jets. I figured I would start with those to allow a slightly greater gas flow with the greater air flow. The 74 Suzuki TM250 (the dirt only version - the TS250 was dual sport) came with a 32mm carb, I'm told, so I hoped the ports would be fine, but I can't find any specs on what size stock jets the TM250 came with stock. I hoped someone had experience with the carbs on the TM or a similar mid-70s 250 two stroke. The jets aren't that expensive, but I figured it would be better to be in the ballpark right away to make the adjustments a bit easier. Thanks for your reply.

Mar 29, 2005
carb woes

Go to your search bar type in Vintage Suzuki... this guy knows his "Yellow" stuff well ! Get the phone # and give him a call..He'll know a good base line setting even though you running a diffrent carb.Most of the good Vintage shops have this information on hand...For instance, I bought a 38 mm mik. pre-jetted for my altitude& humidity, I'm at sealevel in Texas and the carb came from a shop in KY. and works great! or you can call PRO-FLO all they do is carbs....Use the phone!!!5.00 & 5 minutes and you can ask a man that has done this for 30-40 years....Good Luck! Kerry

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom