TTR 125 Air Box Mods

SicAir

Jan 3, 2002
Can someone please post (in easy steps) how to mod the airbox on my TTR 125. and any other simple mods. If you have some pics that would be a great help too.

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Lost

Nov 12, 2000
I dont have any pics, but an easy one is to simply take off the restrictor plate that holds the airfilter. Then look at the hole where the plate was and you will see a screen covering the intake hole. Just rip it out.. :aj:

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
Here are the steps that I took:

1) Remove the seat to expose the top of the airbox
2) Pull out the rubber snorkle
3) Either drill about a dozen 1/2" holes in the top of the airbox or cut out the indented section all together (you will see what I mean)
4) I didn't cut up the filter frame, what I did do was buy BBR's custom filter. It is 2-3 times the size of the original and comes with a new frame that is designed to produce a better airflow. I understand the chop and grind mod that some folks do acually inhibit airflow. (the airfilter replacement was actually the mod that made the most difference in performance)
5) Rejet if you do this with a new pipe - we are using a 112.5 main and it works well.

Good luck.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
ditto on loco's post, except i didnt spend $70 on a air filter i spent 10 minutes to un-restrict the restrictor plate, hillbilly style :moon:

i havent ridden one with the BBR air filter but my bike has much bertter throttle response than my brother's bone stock bike, and if you spend ~$20 to buy a front sprocket (i got the cheepy kind :confused: )it helps alot. i ride mostly wide-open desert, so i went a tooth higher on the front(13-14) noticeable top speed, not much loss in acceleration. actually, i cant really tell a difference as i have ridden both when my tire went flat out on a ride. (brother got tired, little baby :) ) basically just pull the snorkel, cut/drill the top, spend$70 on a filter or spend 10 min. doing the enlarging yourself, and spend $20 (or more, depending on brand)on a front sprocket. go to this link for a lota info.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38102

hope i helped

-Rob

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…