canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
After cleaning/drying mine, I held it up to bright sunlight to see bright pinpricks of light!!! Whoa!! THAT can't be a good thing!

Anyone else ever look through a clean filter into bright sun? What did you see?

Oh...the stock kawi filter (clean/dry) shows nothing of the sort. Just a bright pinkish overall hue.

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
Hmm, I haven't looked through my twin air filter into bright sun, but I probably will now. I guess that's one reason oil in the filter is so important. ;)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Carver, You scared me a little with this post so I cleaned and looked through 2 Twin Airs and 1 stock filter yesterday and couldnt see light thru any of them. Maybe I am not cleaning them well enough or yours are breaking down?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I have two twinairs. Both have the same appearance. Last night I looked at my 'spare'. It's oiled (!..note to Lutz! ;) ). Same thing.

A closer look at the 'hole' shows what I'd describe as a single layer (one cell thickness) of foam. You can see the structure of the cells in those spots. Doesn't seem like a decent filtration situation to me.

I didn't look at my filters when they were new...maybe they all look similar?

Mikeb: I'm not talking about something you're going to read a paper through or anything..just pinpricks of light.

I have a notoil in the bike at the moment. Haven't checked that.

Did ask twinair about it (boyesen bought 'em, I think). Haven't heard anything from them yet.

What are they going to say? 'Yep. Yours is broken. Buy a new one!'??

The filter I checked last night, I used a halogen shop light. I don't think you'll see much with a florescent or incandescent.

Maybe much ado about not much. Doesn't mean I like it any better.

Thanks for looking!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
crappola....I'm feeling pretty 'speshul' about now!! :(

Guess I'm just picky!!

.....that's what all my wives have said anyway............ :(summore.....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom