UFO Frame gaurds

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
I've been waiting for 3 weeks to get the last of the parts for my bike. Graphics, seat cover and a set of UFO frame gaurds.

It's too late to save the paint, but I figured the frame gaurds would atleast make it look a little cleaner.

Except for the fact I see no possible way of these things fitting my bike!!! They will need serious trimming, twisting and hairpulling. They are stamped KDX, but I don't see how they can fit well :/ Perhaps they sent me one for an older KDX...

Has anyone installed these succesfully?

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
After looking at the plastics they sent me, and a pic of someone else KDX with UFO frame gaurds they are totally different.

What year did KDX last change their frames?

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Frames were changed for 1995 models and have been the same since. All the 220s are on the new frame. Several other changes over the years before that. Sounds like you got the wrong vintage. Hope this helps. Cheers John

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
John Harris said:
Frames were changed for 1995 models and have been the same since. All the 220s are on the new frame. Several other changes over the years before that. Sounds like you got the wrong vintage. Hope this helps. Cheers John

Thanks, mines a 2002 and the ones I orderered said they fit this model. They didn't have ones for older models.

UFO is based in Italy, perhaps they sent the vendor Euro versions of the gaurds by accident?

I'm not very impressed with this vendor. Not only were my frame gaurds wrong but my graphics were some what crumpled and shoved in the box.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…