Unsportsmanlike conduct

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
Hello everybody, I'm back, I've missed you guys, I see lots of new faces, (well virtual ones anyway).

My club put on a district 6\7 motocross points race today, and I was just disgusted at some of the stuff I saw! First off, there was a guy, who I'll readily admit was quite fast, sandbagging in what I believe was the 125C class, ( we were short flaggers-so I was working a jump/corner all day and couldn't hear the announcer-some classes run together so it's not always clear). My point is that he was a lap plus ahead of everybody, and I don't think he was riding "A". Even if he wasn't sandbagging, at the end of his last moto he had a huge lead, and just to rub salt in the wound of the number two guy he actually pulled off the track, over to the fence, and asked somebody what time it was, before riding off to take the checkers. Am I just getting to be an old fart or was this really in bad taste? Secondly, although this has been covered ad nauseum, I have to say the worst sportsmanship was displayed by some of the mini dads, (and moms). I mean come on, do you really have to run onto the track and get in a 5 year old's face at every corner demanding that he go faster, or "catch him now", pointing to the tyke immediately in front? I was very impressed by the few parents that just cheered their little ones on, it seemed like the further back the kid, the more the parents were just there to support them. I'm really impressed by the fact that they just get out there and race at that age, let alone having them constantly worried about "elbows up", or "keep the gas on through the corner".

Rant/soap box mode off. Besides some poor sportmanship, there was a lot of great racing. Some very fast guys on the new CRF's, and a great turn out. It's good to be back on DRN, I promise not to wait so long before posting again.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Huge,
I hear what you are saying, I don't have a clue what can be done about stopping sandbaggers.

Here is a poll that kind of strays into the topic you raised.

ONLINE POLL:

The AMA recently instituted a motocross rule change that requires 250cc four-strokes competing in the 125cc class to meet the same minimum-weight standards as the 250cc class. What is your opinion?

VOTE HERE

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Ya, unfortanitly there are jerks in all walks of life. For the most part, MX people are good people, but tthere are a few winners to deal with.
This summer I was at a practice track just doing laps and this guy catchs me , so the next corner I go real high and slow on this berm so he can pass me with out a challenge. What does he do but slide his rear tire into my bike " just for practice" .

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Nice to see you back. :-) Have you seen JG?

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
SandBaggers suck

My son just started (at 17) riding and racing this year. There is this one guy who races 125D that constantly wins the 125 D and (I timed him) is pulling faster laptimes than the winner of the 125C. He also races his 125 in the 250D and wins by the same margin. Poor Taste just to get a plastic trophy.
He just bought a new 250 four stroke and is even faster, but he stays a 'D'
tisk, tisk, tisk:mad:

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
Hey Vic, thanks. I haven't seen JG in a while, I talked to him on the phone some time ago (too long), but thanks for reminding me, I've got to get up there to see him.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Check out Oldguy's tag line and it pretty much sums it all up.

Top Bottom