used dirt bikes

bike_rider250

May 6, 2005
I'm going to be looking at bikes in the next couple days and I just need to know anything else to ask, I plan on asking these things

1.How often do you clean your air filter?
2.How often do you change the transmission oil?
3.Where and how often did you ride the bike?
4.Where do you store your dirt bike?
5.Did you purchase this bike new, or has it been owned by others?
6.Has this bike been modified/ask why they modified it?
7.grasp the rear wheel, and try to wiggle it from side to side
8.Take the radiator cap off and look into the radiator check for green right?
9.start the bike up/ ride it

this is the first one i'm looking at, my first bike my dad got it and i wasnt there)
anything else i need to know or ask?(

The_STiLe

May 9, 2005
listen for rattles in the top end,wiggle the front wheel too, take the oil cap off and look for white foam, same with the radiator cap. thats pretty much what i do, take down the serial numbers and ring a dealer to make sure that its the correct model that they are trying to sell to you.

DVMX

Jul 1, 2005
& check the numbers on the rims, they can tell you what yearmodel the bike is, sometimes bikes are advertised as different yearmodels to what they actually are. It's the last two numbers but the yearmodel is one up eg. If the last two numbers are 95 then the bike is a '96 model, get it?

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
And i wouldnt plan on buying it until you look at a few others. Id pay a more for a bike that is in really good condition and i like the feeling that i get when talking to the guy (honesty is a biggie)

good luck

buttnut

Jul 9, 2005
Hey sorry to budge in on your thread but I am about to buy a new bike too just wondering why you would "grasp the rear wheel, and try to wiggle it from side to side"?

And what does rattling near the top end mean?

What kind of bikes are you looking at?

bike_rider250

May 6, 2005
grasp the rear wheel just to make sure no bearings or an other things are lose or in bad condition.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…