V-force Reed Cage

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
What is the correct model # for the '01 220? I found one at Dennis Kirk outlet store for 74 bucks brand new. The weren't sure if it would fit and I can't find an actual listing at Moto Tassinari website that lists the '01 220. Thanx for any info you can provide. Ax

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
$74 sounds like just the replacement pedals, a complete reed cage is over $100.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yeah, their on-line catalog leaves a bit to be desired, 'eh? They know it's short on info...I've griped at 'em about it, they said they're working on it.

.....that was a couple months ago. :(

If it is a reed cage you're looking at, make sure it's a deltaforceII, not a I.

From them:

It doesn't help that BOTH of them are called 'VForce' or 'VForce Delta'. Their appearance is significantly different...their performance difference is HUGE! I've ridden a kdx with BOTH of them (not at the same time;) ) The DFII has adjustable tension reeds, the DFI does not.

The MotoTassinari website lists the V2M031 as the assy for the kdx, $148.

The petal replacement list does not show the replacement reeds for that cage...call them for that.

You'll love the DFII. Mine replaced a radvalve (that I'd just put new reeds on, so tired reeds wasn't part of the equation). Ran it 'high tension' for a few rides, switched to 'low'. A HUGE improvement for trail/woods riding!

Anecdotally speaking: My riding buddy (then also with an '00 200 equipped almost identical to mine) would consistently outpull me with the MTII. He 'traded down' to orange ('01 200 exc). Then he REALLY walked away from me. I put in a DFII, and even set to 'low tension' I keep up with him much better. Yes, he still outpulls me, but it's an inching process...not running away like a wabbit!

It's second only to a pipe in its performance enhancement.

sez me, imo, imho, etc etc......blahblah....

Last edited:

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
I shoulda listed the part # also, DVM 031 (from sticker on box) and DM031 (stamped in cage). From the info above it looks like I got the original Delta. I knew the price was in the 140 range so when I saw the price I jumped at it. Looks like I'll be driving 90 miles back and exchange for a knew chest protector. The Dennis Kirk outlet store in Rush City, MN has very, very good deals, but it is very hit or miss if they have what you need. I just stop in every now and then to check it out. Another example, Aftershock chest protector, 80 bucks.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
DO take it back!! The DF-1 isn't anywhere's close to the performer the DF-2 is! You might as well have a radvalve..and THEY just dropped their price about $30!

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
yes and no, I pulled the support tube out and then cranked the suspension down till the front tire was flat......oh yeah I did this after dropping the bike on the freeway at about 85mph...... : )

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…