dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
The bike and trucks ran two different courses sharing the main pit. We were the second truck off the line, no dust things were looking good. The first lap we were doing okay! We had 3 laps of 70 miles to do but coming into the main pit at the end first lap all the changed rather quickly. We swapped ends twice I think then rolled the SOB 3 or 4 times, side ways and end over end ending up on the roof.
NOTE TO SELF when unfastening safety harness upside down prepare for landing on head...
Hood flying off body parts scattered everywhere it wasn't pretty. Neither of us got hurt so that was the good news. Someone that pitted next to us said he caught it on tape with zoom so we will be looking forward to that. We were in the ruff just getting on the dry lake bed when we went sideways, one wheel rolled about 150 yards away towards the pits... which also means everyone in the main pits got to enjoy it. Your all so welcome!!!

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I was setting on the roof of my sponsor's box van (Aftershocks) & watched you guys roll. Your wheel beat you into the pits. :think:

Just after watching your truck I got on the bike for my lap & when I got back everything was gone.

I am glad to hear everyone is okay! :thumb:

That was quite the spectacle!

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey Farmer John, how many times did we go over? Also was it side to side and endo or what? All I know is someone turned out the lights?
So were you entered or watching? Who won the pro class on bikes?
Are ya going to Reno?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
You guys did a very cool side to side converted to end for end tumble. :eek:
I would say 3 full rotations.

I was there racing a a KX500 in the 35+ expert class. I'm sure by now you heard that Abbott/Espo won the bikes. It sounds like Campbell was off the pace. Hengeveld would make up los time & build a lead & then Campbell would give it all back plus 6 min.

I will be @ Reno, are you going?

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey Farmer, I didn't look at the results for bikes. Abbott & Espo were pitting next to us. How did you end up???
I just saw the video, WOW 4 1/2 times side to side. I think the first roll was on the nose a little and thats where we got the front end damage. In slow mo you can see the back end dip and thats when the rim broke then went under the truck. That probably was the reason we rolled for sure. I'll send the video when I get it!
Yes I think I'm going to Reno see ya there.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom