Ryan759

Jan 10, 2004
I am thinking of moving to Vegas. Can anyone tell me what the motocross situation is like out there? I heard rumors of their biggest track shutting down. Whats the scene like there and its greater area?

jpmanska

Jan 15, 2004
Ryan759 said:
I am thinking of moving to Vegas. Can anyone tell me what the motocross situation is like out there? I heard rumors of their biggest track shutting down. Whats the scene like there and its greater area?

When I lived in AZ I used to vist my Brother who lives in Vegas and I would bring my bike. The only place we found was around the dry lake bed between Vegas and Hoover Dam. There are alot of trails back there in the small mountains but the trails are pretty much gravel. There are some good spots to open up and fly but it can get frustrating with all the gravel.

I also heard that the riding around MT Charleston was really good but I never went there. I moved to Seattle and never got to bring my bike back to Vegas.

dirt_demon420

Mar 16, 2004
I live in Kingman, AZ - 100 mi south of Vegas. Our favorite place to go riding is out Cottonwood rd - its inbetween here and Vegas. You can tear it up and go all out on the road, ride down to the river, and there are trails for all skill levels. My b/f used to go riding somewhere just past the base in Vegas - said there were even some baby dunes. I wasn't experinced enough to go the last time they went though so I have no clue where its at - just 'near the base'.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
the "baby dunes" is at a spot the locals call apex, it's just past the las vegas race track. it's pretty popular with the locals. it's also has a mixed bag of riding from unmaintenanced tracks to trail riding to mini dune riding

Top Bottom