Video of my daughter riding - she could use words of encouragement

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I'm introducing my daughter (6 yrs old) to the sport. Started her out on training wheels a couple months ago on a CRF50 and just this week got her off of the training wheels. Her and I both are beaming. She sometimes says that she's embarrased in her gear because girls don't ride motorcycles (it was her idea to get the bike in the first place btw). I point out women that ride whenever I can including her grandmother (my mom who rides street bikes). In two weeks she's attending MSF dirt bike school to get her safety certificate and her and I are going to attend a kids trail ride in July. I'm sure she could use some words of encouragement from you ladies. Here's a video of her very first ride with her feet up on the pegs:

http://www.deluxepokertables.com/stevest/samriding06032006.wmv

< ADMIN EDIT: Sorry, can't allow embedded, click the link to view the video >

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Well looks good, tell her i said good job :). Tell her dont be embarssed ton's of girls ride around her and are even better then some of the guys. Some girl's can even do what i can not do yet.

I ride with FTA ( full throttle assault ) and their are about 10 girl's that ride with us.

Tell her good job and keep it up.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
VERY COOL! I love the pink bike! I was also six when I began riding. Aaaaah the old days (I'm 39 now, YIKES).. She is going to kick bootie out on the trails since she looks very comfortable and confident on her bike. Lots of luck sweetie!!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
She looks GREAT on that bike, she's looks like she's doing fantastic! I love the name Samantha too...but I'm partial too it ;)

The pink/black bike is awesome!

nicolejames

Jun 6, 2006

i started out when i was 10 on a honda Z50 back in 93-94 and i wasnt very confident yet either, but in time i worked up to a kx65 and then i was hooked and made all the boys eat my dust. (i was 12 then though)

when she gets older and meets some other girls riding i'm sure she'll feel more comfortable.. great riding by the way :nod: :cool: - looks like she has more style then when i was 10!!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I noticed as the video went on, she seemed much more at ease and confident on that bike! Love the pink bike! :)

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
That was the cutest thing I've seen in a LONG time! LOVE the bike too.

That was impressive for her first ride. I couldn't ride that good when I was 12(first time)! I noticed she went faster after a bit. Tell her that girls who ride dirtbikes are the cool!:-)

S

Sunshine0578

way to go

Tell your daughter she did great! My daughter started when she was 6 and she said the same stuff, girls don't ride bikes. After 2 years (8) she loves it and even has done some races.

Keep her at it she will come around.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Thanks for all the comments, I've been showing them to her as they come in. She's doing awesome on the bike and she hasn't made any "girls don't ride" comments since that first ride without the training wheels. Last weekend she was riding and I noticed her standing up on the pegs - she came up with that all on her own. She was looking like a seasoned rider out there and I was beaming! Here's some video I shot that day:

http://www.deluxepokertables.com/stevest/samriding06102006.wmv

Saturday she's going to MSF dirt bike school. Too bad it's gonna be over 90 degrees - she doesn't like to get sweaty :(

Last edited:

iggy

Sep 24, 2003
Steve St.Laurent said:
Thanks for all the comments, I've been showing them to her as they come in. She's doing awesome on the bike and she hasn't made any "girls don't ride" comments since that first ride without the training wheels. Last weekend she was riding and I noticed her standing up on the pegs - she came up with that all on her own. She was looking like a seasoned rider out there and I was beaming! Here's some video I shot that day:

http://www.deluxepokertables.com/stevest/samriding06102006.wmv

Saturday she's going to MSF dirt bike school. Too bad it's gonna be over 90 degrees - she doesn't like to get sweaty :(

OHMYGOSH she looks like a natural. Samantha...keep it up. Girls who ride are cool. Riding will give you confidence and strength in yourself for your whole life.

This is what riding looks like when you are my age (40) getting passed by 13 year olds...HAHAHAHA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDTOZjIIol0

loaner

Feb 6, 2006
Samantha you are doing great. My duaghter just turned 6 and we took off the training wheels over new Years. She loves riding the trails now. Keep it up. you'll have tons of fun.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Tell her she is doing awesome!!! I only wish I had been able to start riding as early as her, she will be kicking all of the boys butts before long! Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom