Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
I live in Souther Ohio. I got a job in Hampton VA area. I ride trails and I was wondering if anybody knew of any places close to ride. If you are not familiar with VA Hampton is 25 min north of VA Beach, about 30 min north of North Carolina.

Thanks

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I lived in richmond,va for 21yrs. I would get up w/the central virginia trail riders club, or the tidewater trail riders. Casey Cycle City in Newport News should be able to help you get in touch w/them. As far as just local ridin areas I havent ever found to many in that area. Surry was the only place I Knew of, but they closed it down after some drunk billy bobs on atv's went ridin through the trails and killed a little boy. Sad that the few take away the privilages of the many.

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
Thanks for the help. What was the riding like when you went out? I have done my riding in 909 in KY. and Haspen IN. Big climbs and drops. 909 is better Haspen lets any thing in so it is rutted really bad.

Thanks again

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
In that area mostly flat ground (lots of sand/clay soil) and in some areas densly wooded If your into the trail riding its alot of fun. Richmond area has more in the way of trail/mx. Again get in touch w/the VCHSS and get some info from them. Great organization and I had alot of fun w/them when I lived there. Good luck and have fun whenever you get there.

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
The Richmond area is good for mx tracks, but that is about it. All the trails that I know of have been shut down. The only real trail riding I know of is along the Blue Ridge Parkway (about 2.5 hrs west of Richmond). If you want to ride track I can definitely hook you up. As for trails, you're on your own.

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
Just wondering if anyone knows if there are trails near by in Northern North Carolina. We will only be 25 min. north on the state line.

Top Bottom