Visiting the US --- Questions about insurance

lill_mac

Jan 22, 2009
we are some friends planning a vacation in calif riding mx.
if any of us crash and need hospital care, do i need an insurance?

lill_mac

Jan 22, 2009
i forgot to say we are from sweden and i don't have a clue.
so any help would be appreciated.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Yes you will need personal medical insurance if you get injured .

lill_mac

Jan 22, 2009
were do i get a personal medical insurance?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
In the USA most people get insurance through their job. As for someone visiting , I'm not sure how that would work. Maybe someone else can help with this. I'll move your post to the General Forum so more people can see it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Government funded health care might have some provisions for travel to other countries, might be best to talk to the local health / medical officials to see if there is any coverage. If not I'm sure you could purchase something temporary but I would guess it would need to be done before you travel as some companies would want to run a background check, maybe blood work etc... to make sure you were "insurable". Heck, if you happened to use a travel agent they might even be able to help you.

lill_mac

Jan 22, 2009
okey. thanks alot. and thanks Rich Rohrich

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
When I lived in Australia they had travel insurance through the travel agency ...might try there and see...USA has ridiculous medical costs! :yell:

lill_mac

Jan 22, 2009
yeah I've heard about the costs if you get hurt i the us. and it bothers me e bit.

how many procent tax do you pay from your salary? in sweden tax includes medical care.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
When I lived in Austria and came here to the US I carried insurance that I had to buy in Austria. If memory serves me right, I did buy it through the travel agency. I had to use it quite a bit, as I was here on some "sports business" that involved broken bones, I had no trouble with medical being covered through the insurance.
You may also want to contact a Swedish embassy here in the US, they will be able to direct you.
If you plan on riding here, don't do it without medical insurance...actually, I wouldn't travel without some sort of travel insurance coverage, period.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…