weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Here is some data out of the new 2002 model year Literature VOR has released...

In the US there will be the following dirt bike offereings:

530cc Motocross.

400, 450, 530 Enduro.

450, and 530 V-Cross.

The difference between the 2001 503 motor and the 2002 530 motor is a slightly increased bore. Now its listed as 97mm Bore x 71mm Stroke.

The 530 MX motor is unique as it has the magnesium cases (colored black) and NO E-start. The MX Chassis also has a different swing arm than the other models and has a new 48mm Paioli Fork. Its going to be around 240 pounds dry. (Its listed at 108KG or 238lbs) The MX gets a new "wave" brake ..looks pretty neat.

The Enduro's have a New E-Start motor. Also have a new oil pump setup. The Enduro still has a 46mm fork. With all the battery, lights, other Enduro stuff it should weigh around 260lbs. (Listed at 118kg with all the lights, computer and stuff)

The V-Cross models are really a cross between the Enduro and MX models. Enduro motor in MX Chassis, 48mm fork and all. The motor is the Enduro version with the aluminum cases, Lighting coil, E-start, and new oil pump. Without lights it should weigh around 250 lbs. Its listed as 114KG(251lbs)

Along with a completely new chassis (Parimeter frame); all models have a new Paioli Shock that has high and low speed compression damping adjusters and rebound adjustment as well. Most of the fuel tank is now under the seat along side the air box. Makes for a very low CG.

Prices will be around the same as the Orange bikes of similar capabilities and configurations.

So thats the trivia on the 2002's....

I have a 2000 MX in my garage as well. In comparing it to my 2001503 V-Cross, I have found the following visual differences for those in the used VOR market:

1) The 2001 has a thinner seat....by about an inch. (You iron butts don't mind..and the 2001 seat sits lower. It fits on the 2000)
2) The 2001 has a sight window for the oil level, the 2000 does not.
3) The 2001 has a Flat Slide Carb and the 2000 a round slide.
4) The "hex" size on the oil cap is 17mm on the 2001 where the 2000 was much too small to survive an agressive wrench.

There are other things, I will dig them out and post over time.

Just a note, if a VOR has a black case, its the MX motor with the magnesium castings. They weigh less. The 2001 V-Cross had the Black Magnesium cases..the 2002 does not.

More 2002 stuff:

For folks who want to build bikes with VOR motors...here is what they are listed as weighing:

530 MX motors weigh 28.5kg or 63lbs
400,450,530 Enduro motors weigh 32.5kg or aprox 72 lbs.

Stick one of those 530's in a flat track chassis.....bet its a LOT lighter than those old Rotax motors. (There is an in house 570 version as well)
:eek:

Last edited:

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
weimedog
A couple of clafifications please:
1) Paoili shock rather than ohlins?
2) no wave rotor on enduro? I have "spidered" more than one rear rotor due to overheating on long downhills.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Yup a Paioli Shock. The valving is a VOR spec. Completely unique to VOR. They put the time into the setup. This new shock has rebound, high speed compression, and low speed compression damping adjusters. Its more complient than my Ohlin in the woods so far....at least the pre production was. I don't have enough time on the production model I now have to really comment. (I will email vs. post to you after a while...for reasons we discussed)

The wave brake standard on the MX is not standard on the Enduro. Mine has the same rotor as the 2001 VOR's. I don't know if they interchange yet. Remember the 2002 MX and V-Cross now have a different Fork than the Enduro. The MX and V-Cross have an all new 48mm instead of the 46mm version the Enduro has. All the new models are set up with new valving for the new chassis....again I haven't been on a production version enough to comment.

grissel

Jul 22, 2001
(There is an in house 570 version as well) ??
Is this a cylinder mod (over bore) or a new stroke.
In house? Is it available from the factory as a kit. or can you order it with
a new bike purchase.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
What's the lowdown on the gearing of these bikes, weim?
They still offering the 3 speed?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I believe that 570 was Super Motard thing only for the factory guys...not offered thought standard channels. Also for concept bike and concept 4-wheelers type stuff. Not production.

The 3-Speed is still available. Actually its still standard on the MX versions. I think its a little too purpose focused for most. The 5-Speed works really well and has an incredible top speed on the MX.

Also for kicks I ran a 2000 MX for a little while. Its really too fast for me. I would rather have the 2001 MX cam and V-Cross rear sprocket to make it more practicle for my level of riding. THat would give it a more mellow power delivery and a little lower final gearing.

You do realize that these motors are a little different. Very long rod. But also short stroke. Unique.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom