WANTED: Total Taping/Help with knee injury

JustinDay

Aug 17, 2001
About six months ago i partially tore my MCL and completely tore my ACL. Altough stable (ish) i am still off my bike and in pain. My friends Tim March and Jeremy Whatley suggested a book called 'Total Taping' by Jeff Spencer. It is impossible to find. Any ideas anyone?

Plus i am desperate to get back on my bike but my doctor says i have to build up all the muscles for another six months. Is surgery best of leave it alone and just excercise my knee. I have several knee braces (CTI/Asterisk) or will my knee need taping too.

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Have you ever gone to a physical therapist? Check one out and see if they can give you some tips for taping it. I had to go to one and learned 2 great ways to tape, I just had complaints when the tape slipped.

desertrat

Feb 4, 2002
You know what might also work is glucosamine. I'm using that right now for my knee. Ask your doctor, that might help. I'm in the process of building up my muscles too.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
From what I have been told, it is a "natural" anti-inflamatory, and can help with joint stiffness and pain. I use it, but have not noticed a great deal of difference, although once I stopped, the pain seemed worse. I have since returned to taking it, but am still not 100% convinced :think

Top Bottom