TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Well it's 2am and I just now got the thing all put back together.... :aj: so I can meet some guys to ride at 6:30am. See what your missing Evenslower.

It was like x-mas around here today when my parts came in. Still didn't get the valves I was wanting, at least I'm riding again. But that is just part of the story, let me tell off on myself.

This has got to be the dumbest mistake a person can make. And yes I did it all to myself. :bang:

I got the whole bike put back together, we are talking fluids, pipes, bolts, hell you name it was ready to start. Got to putting all my tools up and checking to make sure I didn't miss anything. Well did ya know that the Honda's have two little plastic chain slides on either side of the timing chain??? Seems I had forgot to put one of them on. Wouldn't you know it, I had to take the whole damn bike back apart just to get this one little part back in place. :rotfl:

It was a learning process I will never forget, only thing I didn't have to take back off was the piston. So the lesson here is, READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.

Just thought some of you out there could use a good laugh. See you all again soon. Lee

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Well, at least I know who to call to help out w/my next 4 stroke top end rebuild.

Have a good ride. Its been raining here all morning but man did we ever need it.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Glad you finally got the bike back together.

You get yours together, I start working on mine.

I still haven't attempted to work on the fork seals. I may try to mess with that tomorrow. Key word is 'may'.

Once I get mine to where I'm happy with it, I'll look you up...I'm almost 100% I'll be good to go by next weekend. I'm tearing most everything apart and inspecting, changing fluids, greasing, yadda yadda.

This is my first time ever tearing a bike apart. I had a crash course in carb cleaning last week. Went well. :)

Now if I get this thing apart and can't get it to fire back up, ya'll gonna come help me?

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
Treetalker sorry to here about your troubles I know how you feel. Assistsuper give me a call if you need any help with anything. I think I might try and make a trip to the 500 this next weekend. Anybody want to go?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
We should be ramping up for the race on the 26th, going to be spending alot of time there. Just post when you'll be there.
We are still looking for bodies to man some of the checks on race day, there's never too many.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Hey motorider.....if I can get away from work I'll go to Stillwater with ya.

Now you got me wanting to ride. Looks like I'm gonna try to spin some wrenches. :(

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
Well hopfully i'll be able to ride this weekend. I decided it was time to gease the linkage and it ends up that the lower shock bearing was shot. So if I get the parts in I'll probably try to hed up there friday evening stay the night and ride saturday morning.

Top Bottom