Littleston101

Oct 23, 2008
Today I was out at Area 330 MX in Carrollton Ohio. I had been having issues all weekend getting my bike lined up ready to race. But that's beside the point. SOMEHOW :bang: (bangs head) My radiator overflow hose became pinched. Causing all of the coolant (there wasnt much to start with) to pour out. About 2 laps into my 1st moto my top end was gone. My bike was smoking terribly and kept stalling. I pushed my bike back to the pits to discover that there was no coolant left. I tore a part my cylinder. The piston is warped and the connecting rod bearing is seized. It was a wiseco piston. The cylinder is already bored 20 over to a 144. So i need a piston, ring, the wrist pin, clips, and the bearing. But my cylinder has small scratching marks and just a tad of damage to it. I thought about getting a whole new stock piston and cylinder but that would run me $500. (unless someone could tell me where i can get a 2003 Honda CR125R Cylinder A for less than $300)

My questions is:

Can I just resurface the inner wall of the cylinder? Is it called re-boring, sleeving, plating, facing??? The damage is minimal. I would like to save some money. Thanks

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Having it bored then re-plated is what you're looking for.

US Chrome has done good work for me in the past.

Top Bottom