KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
I saw a guy on a RM250 with a waterbottle made to strap on to the handlebars. Has anyone tried these? If so, which one? i want to make sure it fits with the factory odometer on before I order one. If anyone has any other ideas for carrying water throw them out. I just don't like the camelbak and would prefer to not to have to strap something on me.

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
Camelbak. It's like a ring on your finger-once you get used to it you never notice it, and you don't have to stop to drink.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
The item that you are referring to is called an Enduro Jug, and is made my Maier. It comes in 1qt. and 2 qt sizes. I had a 1qt. one years ago. Seemed to work okay. If you're just trail riding, it doesn't matter that you have to stop to take a drink. I then went from that to a camel bak. I like it a lot better. I however use the smaller 32.oz camel back. The holder is attached to my chest protector. I didn't want all of those straps on me when I was riding. The fully loaded 32 oz model doesn't weigh enough to cause my chest protector to be pulled backwards. Of course, I have to refill my camel bak at gas stops and resets during enduros, but I can get through a 2 hour HS without refilling. If you race a HS that requires a gas stop, you just get an extra bladder and swap the empty one for the full one when you stop for gas. That should take about 10 seconds.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
I just trail ride, no racing. I stop and take breaks if I have water or not. Did the bottle stay on the bars good and not cuase any probs?

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
I had the 2qt. bottle on my KDX and it worked fine. You have to make sure that you tighten the two clamp bolts good otherwise your bottle will rotate while you ride. No biggie, just slightly annoying. It fit ok with the odometer, and actually outlasted the odometer after the lowside into the stump last year.

-Creeper

superhonkey2

Apr 4, 2002
Just one comment about hydration systems. Blackburn (bicycle parts company) makes one that has a large fill hole that makes it easy to put ice in through. I like it because the water stays cold for the entire ride and seems to be more refreshing on hotter days. If anyone is buying a hydration system for the first time I would look into one that takes ice cubes easily. That's all.

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
Three years now and i'm still not really used to wearing my ring.
/QUOTE] Is it a wedding ring? That could be the problem :D

If anyone is buying a hydration system for the first time I would look into one that takes ice cubes easily.
I think most of them do, the Camelbak does. I'm biased however, I have a 3liter and think it's great. Carries a bunch of junk too.

glee

Mar 2, 2002
I just place a 1 quart water bottle in between the headlight/number plate and the handle bars (to the left of the odometer). I just sort of angle it in were it does not come loose - never havd any problems and easy to ger quick water.

knobbytracks

Oct 29, 2001
Camebak has switched most of their bladders to a very large, scew-top opening. This allows for the bladder to be filled with ice cubes. It also enables you to clean out the inside easier.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I went to a sporting goods store and baught a clip on belt that holds 2 good size bottles and 2 small storage pouches for tools, cell phone, etc. I add ice into the bottles & they stay cool for hours. The drawback is you have to stop to drink, but after 45 min, I'm ready. I keep it snug around my waist and I don't even know it's there. Cheap too.

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
Wal-mart, as much as I hate them, has a nice water backpack for 30 bucks. The bladder is not made of that soft squishy material that acts like a petrie dish. Its made out of a more ridgid plastic and works great. Its got padded shoulders a waist strap and a chest strap. More pockets for tools, ect. Its real small as well. If you wear a chest protector, wear it on the outside and you will never know that it is there after the first 10 minutes. Actually my problem is that I get really thirsty because I forget I have in on my back. :confused:

B.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom