JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Well here’s my ride report for the weekend, this was a European scramble put on by the R.U.T.S (Racers Under The Son) MC, it was two courses (A & B) laid out over 11 miles that was very fast and had a very cool tech sections (almost needed a trials bike). The idea is to run as fast and complete as many laps as you can in 45 minutes.

Our gate time was at 8:00am,the weather was perfect and the wind blew just enough to keep the visibility high after the bomb. Our gate consisted of the Beg and Novice classes, when the banner dropped I did not fire right off the bat so I got a little behind but not much, I hooked up with a novice rider and kept pace with him though most of the first lap until he stumbled at the Tech section and I was able to pass. The second lap was a little faster pace because I knew the course better and was able to pick it up for a while, I was feel pretty good so far, then it happened, at the tech section I made it though just fine but on exiting it I saw a course work standing there, I must of went brain dead, I hooked a shape right, right into a dead section, he was apparently fixing the banners and I miss took it for a turn., Then all of a sudden I started to get real dizzy and weak and I thought it was time to take a break and down some water, which I did while I watched all these guys pass me.

Now here is the bad part, I was less than a mile from the finish when I had to stop, (number one) and number two is, there is a very good chance that the novice and the beginners did not leave at the same time, if this is the case I will get a DQ, but on the other hand I ran with the Novice and did fairly well and DQ or not I had a blast, so I look at it as a win/win for me

Well that’s it, had a great time and I think I do much better at Euro scrambles than I do on H/Hs but both are a blast

Two months off now, I need to get in better shape before Life flight has to take me home.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom