thek

Mar 9, 2003
Ok, had a big off awhile back, broken wrist out for a few months. (over jumped a 70ft table by about 20ft).

Anyway, get back on the bike and notice the front brakes are very squishy.

I'm losing brake fluid out of where the two copper washers are near the master cylinder. Replace washers. Bleed brakes. No more leaks. Lovely, all smiles.

But, brakes, although better, still arn't what they used to be. They will still lock the front wheel, but that happens way further down pulling the lever. And the progressive feel is also a lot weaker.

I bled them for ages. Like 50 repititions or more so I think I got all the air out.

I was going to get new brake pads and see if that helps as they are looking kind of thin, but the brakes were good until right up before the accident.

As far as I can see there is no brake fluid escaping anywhere. I tried zip tying the brakes on overnight and that didnt help either.

Please help me get my good brakes back! I miss them so much!

Any suggestions as to what my problem might be?

Thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
try pushing the pads back into the caliper to force any air back up the line, also you have have ripped a master cylinder seal-you can buy repair kits cheap from yamaha and they are easy to fit-one circlip is all that holds them in.

Jan 31, 2005
my brakes are not responsive at first but seem to work better as i use them through out the day
is this normal or should they stop on a dime from the get go

Top Bottom