Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This forum is for all the new Subscribers ... first of all, thanks for the support! You are helping insure the future of DRN.

You can post questions or comments about the subscription program in here, other questions about the forums, etc. Consider it a "premium support" kinda thing, I'll be checking in here often.

The SupportTeam members, mods and admins also have access to this forum, I'm sure they'll lend a hand answering questions you may have.

Once again, thank you for supporting the site.

Okie

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Come on folks, we don't bite! :)

Please feel free to post!

This is your forum after all!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It'll warm up in here.
The STM forum was quiet for quite some time before people felt at home.
Welcome everyone!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
OK, I'll start, thanks for having me, great site, mostly great people, and I'm Elk and I'm a DRNaholic.;) Welcome, come to the light.

KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
I've been hanging around DRN for a long time (as evident by my dated screen name...4 bikes ago).

I've not been a frequent poster, but I have gotten a lot of advice and tips from the threads. And, I've met lots of good people. In fact, it was a link on this site that I followed back in 99/00 that hooked me up with ALL of the people that I ride with now. Several that have become very good friends. I went to Dirtweek 02, and that alone made me want to support the site!

So, here I am, lurker extrodinair!
Thanks for the hard work that goes into this site.

Greg
G-Man/KLX300Greg

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Hello!

I'm Gina from Northern California. I don't post much but I have gotten alot of great info from the forums. I have wanted to be a Support Team member for a while but I am on a really tight budget and could never quite manage the $39. So a huge thanks to Okie for providing another option for us.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Glad to be here. I felt like it was time for me (a little over due) to give back just a little bit towards a site that I've enjoyed for a long time. Thanks Okie for putting all of this together.

KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
Greetings Greenie--when did you get the 380 :thumb:

I don't know if Draper has closed yet or not, but maybe we could all meet up there again before it does. I think it was about this time of year when we all met there last...that was one chilly ride.

Haven't seen the TX contingent in quite some time, it seems. Wheaty still around?
Greg

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
KLX:

Draper is still open and marked at the moment. They had a big race 2 weeks ago there and the flags are still up. Its a 45 mile loop and it was mucho fun. :)

KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
Hey thanks Milk. I've only been down there once but had a great time. A 45 mile loop, huh? Sounds like a hoot!

Is this place doomed for sure or is it still up in the air?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I had one friend tell me this weekend that the golf course plans have been trashed due to funding. They began dozing months ago, and it was supposed to be closed by now, but they ae still selling permits and people are riding. Im not too sure if that is true or not, but I will check out the web and let you know. The trails were nice, and having them marked was a big bonus.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by KLX300Greg
Greetings Greenie--when did you get the 380 :thumb:

I've had the bike for a few months now. I haven't ridden it much, but it's better than the past couple of years. Up until a few months ago, I hadn't even thrown a leg over a bike since the Draper ride. Family, work, etc... were consuming all of my time. I haven't heard from Wheateater (Brian) in a long time. I don't even know if he still rides. Heck of a nice guy though, and hope to hear from him again in the future.

Yeah, you and the KS crew need to head to TX again. I had a blast when we rode at Muenster. Draper was a cold ride, and I don't recall seeing much of you when I was there. Of course, most of you were out riding while I was stuck in the pits cold-fouling plugs trying to get the crusty YZ to run in 30 degree temps. :) I remember a wave of about 10-12 of you guys hauling past me as I was kicking away furiously and changing out plugs. My bike was eating them like candy that day. :)

KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
Yea, I remember you and Rick working for quite awhile trying to get'er to fire for more than a few revs.

As far as the wave of riders blowing by...I think I spent most of that weekend bringing up the rear. That is until the poker run when I aquainted myself with every other tree in the loop. I was cold and tired by then, not one of my banner weekends :o

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Greg, I just pulled this off of the Oklahoma Dirt Riders web page. This is the organization that has started petitions and gone to the city council meetings to learn and try to stop the work.

"Updates:
June 5-- Mayor Humphries does not see the Master Plan ever becoming a reality due to funding.
--The OKCWUT plans to reduce the riding area this month with the start of construction on their erosion control project."

I guess it is over as of now, but they are stil ltearing things up to control erosion.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Howdy. I'm a relative newcomer to DRN. Been riding for oh, 30+ years now. First on the dirt, then on the street, then on the salt, now back to the dirt. I've been involved with Sportster.org for several years and LOVE the online riding communities. Have a lot of good friends and good times as a result. Hope the same goes here!

Top Bottom